With 8 years of experience in renting and selling bumper balls, also called inflatable bubble soccer balls, I know everything there is to know about these inflatable orbs. In this article, not only will I tell you all you need to know about them, but also the games you can play with bubble soccer balls like bubble soccer.
bubble soccer games is a fun party activity for adults, but are also amazing to keep kids occupied for a kid’s birthday party
So, whether you’re looking to rent or purchase bumper balls, this article will provide all of the information you need.
What is an Inflatable bubble soccer ball?
The inflatable bubble ball is most commonly known for playing bubble soccer. And have gained a lot of popularity in the event business across the world.
The bubble ball is made of either PVC or TPU
Inflatable bubble balls are large, transparent inflatable balls that half-encased the body of the player inside an inflated torus bubble. They can be used for playing games like bubble soccer or bouncing around in. They are made of PVC or TPU material and have handles and in most cases padded harnesses.
Which country does bubble soccer come from, and when was bubble ball invented?
Most people believe that inflatable bubble soccer balls originate from the United States when in reality they come from Scandinavia – the same region as the Vikings! More specifically, these balls were invented in Norway.
Bubbe soccer balls were invented in 2011 in Norway by Henrik Elvestad and Johan Golden. The bubble soccer balls were used for a TV show. The game was spread in the UK by Lee Moseley in 2014, and John Anthony Radosta brought the game to the United States in 2015 through an American TV show called Shark Tank.
Which are the Best bubble soccer balls
The PVC Material is a bit more clear in the transparent material than the TPU, but the decadence of the PVC is much faster, so even though the cost of the TPU bubble soccer ball is a bit higher you will save money on the longevity of the TPU bubble ball.
PVC material hardens in low temperatures and softens a lot in high temperatures in my experience. The TPU material isn’t as affected by temperatures.
TPU balls are typically a little lighter than PVC. The material TPU is more abrasion-resistant than PVC and has this property, allowing the TPU bubble balls to resist tearing.
When manufactured in the same size and thickness of plastic, thermoplastic urethane (TPU) balls are often somewhat lighter than PVC ones. However, even though TPU balls are often made in thinner material, TPU bumpers typically outperform heavier PCV models by a long shot.
It’s not only the Material that impacts the longevity of the bubble ball, it’s also the way its built by the manufacturers.
I’ve tried bubble balls from 4 different manufacturers and the quality of the build varies a lot.
Make sure you get double welding on the handles and padded harnesses, since the single welding or glued upon the ball may fall off.
Bubble soccer size
Bubble soccer balls typically come in two sizes, 1.25 meters (4 feet) for kids (7 – 12 year-olds) and 1.50 meters (5 feet) for adults. The size you need depends on your height.
Some manufacturers offer a 1.8 meter as well but I haven’t seen any event businesses offer this size to date.
|Bubble soccer ball size||Age / Height|
|Junior bubble soccer balls – 1.25 meters (4 feet)||7-12 years or up to 150 cm (up to 5 feet)|
|Adult bubble soccer balls – 1.50 meters (5 feet)||150 cm and up (From 5 feet)|
How to best repair a Bubble soccer ball?
The most popular answer, according to most people, is to use the same TPU or PVC material that the bubble ball is composed of to repair it. And most manufacturers will give you some patches in the same fabric, but what you’ll probably end up with is a mess.
In general, you should glue on patches in the same material as the bubble soccer ball is made from to repair a bubble ball. Instead of using the patches, you could use Tear-Aid Type B instead, which will leave you with a better end result.
Inflatable Bubble soccer games & activities
There are many different types of bubble ball games and activities that you can do with a group of people. Here are a few ideas:
- Bubble Sumo: Two players face off inside of their own bubbles, trying to push each other out of a small circle. The last person standing in the circle is the winner.
- Bubble Soccer: This is a regular game of soccer, but played inside of inflatable bubbles. This can be played with any number of players on each team.
- King of the hill: Before the game starts, all of the players form a large circle 20 feet in diameter around an empty space in the center. When the game begins, everyone races to the middle and tries to knock down as many opponents as possible. The last man standing is declared the winner.
- All my chickens come home: One player is chosen to be the farmer, and the rest of the players are chickens. The farmer stands in the middle of the playing area while the chickens start at one end. When the game begins, the chickens must make their way to the other side without getting caught by the farmer (knocked down). If a player is knocked down the player has to help the farmer until all the chickens are watched (knocked down)
- Capture the flag: This is a classic game that can be played with any number of players. The playing area is divided into two halves, and each team has a flag that they must protect. The object of the game is to capture the other team’s flag and bring it back to your side of the playing area.
Bubble soccer fun facts
Here are some fun facts about bubble soccer and bubble balls
- Bubble soccer was invented in Norway in 2011 by two men who were looking for a new and exciting way to play soccer.
- The bubble soccer game idea flopped on the American Tv show Shark Tank but still gained a lot of popularity
- Bubble soccer is now played in countries all over the world, including the United States
- The first bubble soccer ball championship, called “The Bubble Bowl,” was held in Las Vegas in 2015.
- Bubble soccer is called bumper football in most of europe
- Bubble soccer is among the top10 most popular party activities in the United States and Europe.
- Bubble Soccer started off as a joke between the two inventors Henrik Elvestad and Johan Golden that just wanted to try something new.
- The most viewed bubble soccer video on youtube have more then 25M views
Why is bubble soccer fun?
Bubble soccer is fun because it is a unique and exciting way to play soccer. It is also a great workout and can be played with any number of people. Bubble soccer is also a great way to relieve stress and have fun with friends.
Bubble soccer is not only fun to play, but it’s also very spectator friendly, because it’s fun to see people bounce and roll over in the inflatable balls.
The game is easy to understand and that’s also one of the reasons is a great activity for parties, corporate events, and any other large gatherings.
Bubble soccer can be rented in most large cities across the globe. And you can also purchase your own bubble soccer ball to keep and use whenever you want.
What is a bubble soccer party?
A bubble soccer party is a party where people play bubble soccer. Bubble soccer parties can be held indoors or outdoors. And they can be played with any number of players, Although you should limit the number of bubble balls depending on the space you have at you party venue.
A bubble soccer party is a gathering of people at a birthday, bachelor/bachelorette party, or corporate event, where the objective is to have fun and play bubble soccer in inflatable bubble soccer balls as a tournament.
Bubble soccer parties are becoming increasingly popular because they are a unique and fun way to celebrate any occasion. Birthdays, bachelor/bachelorette parties, corporate events, graduations, and any other large gatherings are all great occasions for a bubble soccer party.